Window Replacement Colorado Springs
Hail damaged window replacement in Colorado Springs provides an interesting challenge. On a typical insurance claim, only a few windows sustain damage and since Colorado is not a “matching state” the insurance claim will only pay to replace the windows that have been damaged. Storm Guard works to ensure that the windows we install match the remaining windows in the room to the closest extent possible. On the other hand, when your insurance company is paying to replace some of your windows, it is an excellent opportunity to consider upgrading your house to energy efficient windows, especially if your current windows are single pane windows, and we will discuss that option with you as well.
Window Screen Replacement
A window screen replacement is the most common of the window repairs included in a hail damage insurance claim. Hail stones streak down the screen and stretch the screen material, requiring the screening material to be replaced. On occasion, the screen frame is damaged, leading to replacement of the frame as well as the screen.
The next most common type of window repair is window glazing (or in layman’s terms, glass replacement.) Our experts know whether it is feasible to replace the window pane or whether the entire window must be replaced and Storm Guard will work with your insurance carrier to provide the service that will restore your window properly.
Storm Guard works with several window distributors, which enables us to obtain replacement windows that will match the other windows within your house. We install all types of windows:
- Casement windows – these windows open outward by turning a crank, essentially pivoting at one side of the window as the other sides move away from the house.
- Single hung windows – these windows open by raising the bottom sash while the top sash remains stationary.
- Double hung windows – these windows open by either raising the bottom sash or lowering the top sash.
- Awning windows – these windows open outward similar to casement windows, but pivot from the top while the bottom moves away from the house.
- Picture windows – these windows do not open. They are used to allow light into the house and to provide views to the exterior of the house, but do not provide any ventilation.
- Bay windows – these windows are typically a combination of three windows that project out the side of a house to provide a greater view, allow more light into the house, and potentially provide more seating inside the home.
We install all the major window brands, including Andersen Windows, Pella Windows, Simonton Windows, Marvin Windows, Milgard Windows, Alside Windows, Jeld-Wen, and Ply Gem. If we have the opportunity to replace all the windows, rather than needing to match existing windows, our preferred brand for wood windows in the Pella brand ( https://www.pella.com/) and for vinyl windows is the Simonton brand (https://www.simonton.com/).
Sliding Patio Door
Sliding patio doors are also a type of window. They are a great way to allow people to enter and exit your home, especially on the rear side of the house, while requiring less floor space since they don’t swing like a traditional door. As with all the other windows we replace, we will work to replace your damaged sliding patio door with an equivalent style of door. Or, if you would prefer, we will gladly discuss options, such as adding a transom window above your sliding glass door or replacing it with a French patio door.